Felony DUI Charges – DUI Defense Lawyer Attorney Ross Goodman
DUI Felony Offenses
- Felony DUI since the 3rd offense within 7 years.
- Felony DUI caused serious injury.
- DUI caused a person’s death.
- The defendant has been convicted for DUI twice.
3rd DUI offense Penalties
A 3rd DUI conviction within 7 years of the first one is a Category B Felony.
- Prison term for 1 to 6 years.
- $2,000 to $5,000 fine.
- Victim Impact Panel
- Installation of Breath Interlock Device in your car for 1 to 3 years after your release.
- 3-year driver’s license suspension or revocation, 5-day registration suspension
- $35 civil penalty fee
- Alcohol and drug evaluation
Penalties for DUI Causing Injury or Death
DUI causing injury or death conviction is a Category B felony.
- Prison term of 2 to 20 years.
- Fines from $2,000 to $5,000.
If the defendant is accused of DUI with death and has 3 previous convictions, the prosecutor will change the charges to Category A Felony of vehicular homicide. Penalty includes a 25 years imprisonment or life sentence, with a chance of parole after 10 years.
Felony DUI Defenses
With the evidence and facts of your case, Attorney Ross Goodman can convince the prosecutor that the case should be dismissed or lessened to minor charges. The following are few points that can help with your DUI case:
- Lack of probable cause;
- Defective equipment;
- Inaccurate readings;
- Police misconduct;
- No causation.
Felony DUI Plea Bargaining
We can investigate all the necessary evidences to help you with your DUI felony charges and keep you out of jail. There is a possibility to have the prosecutor reduce the DUI charge to misdemeanor, and you will face less drunk-driving penalties such as:
- Up to 6-months in jail (the sentence is usually suspended)
- DUI School or DUI Court.
- Fines up to $1,000 plus court costs.
- Victim Impact Panel (MADD lecture)
- Option to enroll in felony DUI court (Serious Offenders Program)
- Suspension of driver’s license up to 1 year.
- $35 civil penalty fee.
Drunk driving charges are often complex and the aspect of DUI conviction can be very harsh. However, the most inconvenient aspect of DUI conviction is the collateral consequences: a criminal record that can come up on every background check, expensive car insurance premiums, and a tainted driving record. Getting help from an experienced DUI defense lawyer Las Vegas as soon as possible can help you with the complexities of court proceedings.
Ross Goodman is proficient in Clark County law and has successful cases that were dismissed or lessened with lighter sentence. With his aggressive tactics and resourcefulness, he can craft a defense to maximize your chances of reducing your charges or even win you a “not guilty” verdict. Contact Ross Goodman to secure your best possible chance of having your case dismissed.